* THIS WEEKEND! OPENING OF THE NEW AND HISTORICAL LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS' TRACK
11am Saturday 30 March at the Museum
The opening of the restored track will include a surprise unveiling, and will be followed by a working bee and FREE BBQ lunch at 1pm. Email Ondea or phone 0439 705 610 if you would like to participate.
* COMING UP SOON: Festival of Arts Culture and Environment (FACE) April 2019
- Wednesday 3 April, "Birds in Our Lives - Off The Wall" exhibition of artefacts from home with a bird theme, opening 5:30pm at the Cultural Centre, Currie Harbour
- Saturday 6 April, "Birds in Our Lives - art works for sale" exhibition opening 6pm at Portside Gallery, Grassy Harbour
- Wednesday 24 April, "Poetry reading and presentation on writing poetry", by Jack Oats at the Boathouse
- Saturday 27 April, "Auction of Art Works" 6pm at Portside Gallery, Grassy Harbour.
* Bird Surveys - 25-28 April, "Wings on King" coordinates island wide standarised surveys over 40 sites, which aims to use bird moitoring as a key indicator of the island's environmental health. This is wonderful example of citizen science, supported by a strong team of ornitholigists and ecologists.
* Geology of King Island - These wonderful two new publications are available for purchase from KIRDO, 5 George Street:
- A Guide to the Geology of King Island Part 1, 2016 by Clive Calver
- Geology of King Island Part 2 - Excursions, 2016 by Clive Calver
* Open the Gates - "Open the Gates" is a video about 7 King island farmers sharing their passion, experience and knowledge.
** MEET OUR STAFF:
Ondrea Richards, Project Officer, Ondrea is in the office at 5 George Street each Monday 9:30 - 2.30 & Wednesday 10.30-12. Ph 03 6462 1825
Michelle Mauric, KIRDO Office Administrator. Michelle supports us though her position at KIRDO, so information on KINRM activities and projects is available during KIRDO opening hours.
*** FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES, If you are interested in doing a project on your property to improve and protect your vegetation, soil, water quality, to look after threatened species or just find out about what is on your property, contact us. We can help with information, project planning, applying for funding, or point you in the right direction for further support.